Tuesday 10 April 2018

Sandalites

Three weeks have gone by. Three pretty weird weeks, running-wise.

It started with the wrong pair of sandals. I wore them, I got a sharp pain in my right shin. My shin also became squeaky. Was it shin splints? Turned out it wasn't, as after 5 days of no improvement I went for a run, and it did not hurt while I was running - in fact, the pain went almost completely away shortly after. So, it must have been something having to do with my weird hips-sciatica-posterior kinetic chain. By the way, sciatica sufferers who are (not) reading this blog, have you ever tried gliding exercises? They work like a treat.
I chucked those vile sandals, and bought a new pair. The new ones caused a blister on the top of my right foot (same leg!). The blister got infected, which led to (a) fever (b) swollen groin glands and, most of all (c) swollen foot. Had to take antibiotics for a week to prevent "sandalites" (sandal-related syndrome) from sending me into septicemia - and, of course, had to further postpone my glorious return to the running scene.Image result for sandals torture


Now, bacteria abated, back to the blackboard. I have run for 4 days, and am still functioning- but am running laughable distances, 7km max. But if it is true that "The Journey of  Thousands Miles begins with One Single Step", then I have begun, once again.

I have calculated 23 weeks until M-day, minus two days. Time to stop writing/talking about it. Time also to stop wearing sandals.


No comments:

Post a Comment